After purchasing your data plan, you can activate it from the home screen in the Goodspeed app. To activate your first data plan, you need to be connected to the Internet to download the digital eSIM profile. Therefore, we recommend activating your first data plan on the day of departure at home.
While activating your first data plan, you can be guided through the mentioned steps below. Some steps could also not occur depending on your device’s current setup. However, we want to make sure to provide you with information for all possible steps.
Select: “Start using your data plan” in your home view.
2. To confirm the activation, select “Swipe to Activate”
3. In order to install the first data plan on your phone, you will be requested to accept the installation. Select “Continue” to move forward in the activation process.
4. Name the label of your Goodspeed digital eSIM profile as you wish. You can name the Goodspeed data plan under a secondary label for instance as “travel” to quickly identify that this is your data plan for travelling. If you won’t make a manual selection, your Goodspeed digital eSIM profile will automatically be named as “Goodspeed”. Press “Continue” to go to the next step.
5. If requested to install the network provider settings update, please select “Update”.
6. Select your primary data plan to call or send messages. We recommend you select your original service provider in this step as Goodspeed does not support calling or text messaging. Do keep in mind that additional costs may apply for calling while travelling depending on your local service provider’s conditions. Press “Continue”.
7. If you wish to keep using iMessage & Facetime, please also select your local service provider’s plan for this step. Similar to normal calling, costs may apply for using these services while travelling depending on your local service provider’s conditions. Press “Continue”.
8. Set your secondary data plan as your default line to start using your Goodspeed mobile data plan. If you want to allow your iPhone or iPad to switch between data plans by itself, you can enable this feature here as well. Press “Continue”.
9. If you are requested to update your contacts’ preferred line, we recommend you to select your local service provider if you wish to still automatically receive phone calls or SMS/MMS messages. Do keep in mind here as well that additional costs may apply for receiving calls, SMS or MMS while travelling depending on your local service provider’s conditions. Press “Continue”.
10. You are all set and your Goodspeed data plan is activated!
These steps are only needed for activating your first data plan. For repurchases, you simply purchase a new data plan in the app and swipe “Swipe to Activate”.
As an iPhone user, you can pause and reactivate your data plan if you wish via: Settings —> Mobile Data —> Data Plans after activating your first data plan. If you are using an iPad, you might see Settings —> Cellular Data instead. Your digital eSIM profile when downloaded is named "Goodspeed" and can be paused and reactivated in the "Data Plans" menu. By toggling off “Turn On This Line” you can pause your Goodspeed data plan. By toggling off “Mobile Data” you can pause all possible mobile data roaming. Toggling off one or both options will only pause your Goodspeed data plan usage and not the day count of your activated data plan.
We highly recommend you not to delete the "Goodspeed" digital eSIM profile when you still have an active data plan. In this case your profile will be deleted including the possible data attached to it. If you have accidentally deleted your digital eSIM profile, please contact our customer care department via:
Tel: +44 (0)2036084754 (UK), +551131970839 (Brazil) or +864006317893 (China)
Facebook chat: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalGoodspeed
Our customer service team can be reached between 8:00-16:00 (UK GMT+1) from Monday to Friday. If you contact us outside office hours, we will come back to you as soon as possible.